BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Zwinky Layouts »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sat. Sept. 6 – Under the bridge

So, I crashed at about 7 a.m. I got a phone call from home pretty early that morning, too. It was really nice to hear from my parents, but I was mad tired.
That night, I ended up hitching a ride from B. He drove me and L. to Aizu Wakamatsu, a picturesque city located about two hours away from my place. It was pouring rain, so it made the drive a little tricky for B.
The all-night, outdoor techno party was being held under a bridge. (Imagine partying under a Queensway underpass. Hobo-chic? I think so.) Our tents were scattered amidst the tall grassy field right underneath it. A DJ booth was set up, with people spinning tunes throughout the evening and following morning. A nearby convenience store was ideal for bathroom breaks, plus buying more drinks and midnight snacks. The store clerk was an old dude with a really bad comb-over, ha.
I remember brushing my teeth, and simply spitting into the field the next day. (I am not an outdoorsy-person, so this was pretty foreign to me). And it was the first time I tried eating a heated breakfast burrito from the combini (convenience store). Mmm… breakfast of champions. And interestingly enough, a herd of Boy Scouts also decided that morning to clean up the area underneath the bridge – they looked a little surprised to see a bunch of people puttering around, too! Stay classy, Japan.

0 comments: