BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Zwinky Layouts »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Sat. Sept. 20 – Car shopping and Koriyama’s Round One

I headed back to Fukushima City with Heather-sensei. We got picked up at the train station in a ballin’ Audi… Nana was taking us back to the parking lot of his used cars. I got to see my car (I decided on the older model of the Daihatsu Move; Dad talked me out of getting the prettier, but more expensive 2000 model with nice interior and CD player). And Miss Feather chose a car of her own. Good times!

That night, we met up with some of the Koriyama and Aizu Wakamatsu peeps to enjoy dinner together. It was yakiniku, which is now one of my favourite things. Basically, there’s a communal pot of boiling water placed in the middle of the dining table. You dip your meat and veggies until they’re done, and BAAAM! Oishi! (Delicious). Our server was so thoughtful, and wrote out in English what the different bottles of sauce each held! Ah, to be a gaijin.
We eventually ended up at Round One, which is a huge entertainment complex. (Think Playdium). There was taiko, darts and roller skating (I chickened out… Haven’t been on skates since 1994! Haha). This was also the night Danielle-sensei proved to be quite the shoulder to lean on. どもありがとう!

0 comments: