BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Zwinky Layouts »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mon. Sept. 1

I learned that I’m supposed to sign the attendance log every morning. Gone are the days when I could stroll into class or work with only a minute to spare, because no one really paid attention! It’s in the kocho-sensei’s office to boot (the principal).
I’ve been watching j-dramas to pick up some slang. I’ve learned some filler words, like “Honto ne!!!” I am in love with the cheesiness of these shows. They’re even funnier than my favourite soap back home – The Young and the Restless. J-dramas are soooooo bad… they’re good. Right now, I’ve been trying to follow “Homeroom on the Beach” and one about a girl who wants to become a chef.
My kids have also been great in teaching me random Japanese phrases. They’re tickled pink when I try to pronounce stuff like “Kakoi!!!” and “Watashi wa neko ga suki desu.” We have some pretty funny conversations. Kids do indeed ask the most interesting things.
“Gemma-sensei, who is your dream boy? Is he tall?”
“Do you like the colour?” (I figured they meant “What is my favourite colour?”)
“Do you like Japanese?” (I’m not sure if they mean the language/country/food/etc. Meh)
“Do you like baseball? Do you like volleyball? Do you like soccer?” (Oh, sports… haha)

0 comments: